28-07-2003 - 02:17
the past few days...
saturday. day off number two. went to lunch with my parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle and my sister at happy sushi. tons of good food.
after that, i picked up my book from borders and my army of darkness boomstick edition dvd.
went home. took a long nap.
after that, austin and chris came over and we watched swingers. then we started blue velvet when ryan called me (from cory's bachelor's party) and told me to come over. (they had moved to cory's apartment). well, we headed over there and the following happened.
1. shaun was there.
2. i was actually there with 3 guys i've dated before. cory. austin. shaun. in that order.
3. everyone was attacked by tons of misquitoes (spelled wrong) with an exception to ryan.
4. a few of us decided to go swimming.
1. shaun was there like expected since he's cory's best friend. and i think things went well. i must admit that i still have interest in shaun. i'm not sure if it was just seeing him again, or if it was in part because while there, he put in the coldplay cd. the first album, which incidently was what we were listening to that night at ryan's apartment in the village where we first really hung out. it started me thinking about shaun and i had to change it. change my thought process. i ended up putting in some random mixed cd.
2. nothing really to say about that.
3. i thought the haze of smoke would keep them away, but alas, it did not.
4. swimming. ah...swimming. well. we had decided that we should go swimming. we get to the pool. and some of us hop over the fence. this is where i get injured. the fence leaps out of nowhere and attacks my right shin. bloody mess. i currently have a gash/cut over a bruise. it hurts. butterfly strip is helping keep it together. anyways. shaun and i are debating on who will go in first. the whole "i'll go in if you go in". well...since no action was being taken, cory jumped in. then followed shaun. then myself. cory got out pretty fast. the water was cold, but good. so, after shaun and i had been in there for a bit (fairly short time), ryan jumped in and joined us. and...we were all swimming in our underwear. after the swim, i headed back followed by shaun. and shaun tells me "i didn't think you'd do it"(refering to the swimming). but in a really odd tone as if it were the strangest thing ever.
so. i had a lot of fun during the weekend. it was a great weekend in fact...minus the leg injury.
watching undergrads right now. i love that show.
and, this song is stuck in my head. i find it odd that joe introduced me to the band, as i had never heard of them till him...and now it's on the 89x top 9 songs...
"don't say that you know me. you never knew the first thing at all. still you should'ave told me. took everything and selling it off. these holes in your stories, as many as there's holes in the wall. you told me that you liked the old me, 'cause the new me is telling you...i refuse, to fit into this lame idea you've always had for me. i don't wanna be what you want me to be. i hear you complaining 'cause i'm not the same. i won't be missing the place that i came. i know there's risk here, all bets are off. this is my life so what ever the cost. if i'm lost would you hold it against me? make me pay for every step of the way. i know that you've already told me. you don't like the new me at all. you told me that you miss the old me. that i couldn't be happy...and i refuse, to fit in to this lame idea you've always had for me. i'm not gonna be what you want me to be. and i refuse. i'm not gonna be what you want me to be. i know that you've already told me. you don't like the new me at all. you told me that you used to know me. you really never knew me at all. but darling, change is a good thing. i'll see for myself. ch-ch-change is a good thing. spelling it out. change is a good think. can see for myself. ch-ch-change is a good thing. don't say that you know me. you never knew the first thing at all. still you should have told me. took everything and selling it off. i refuse. to fit into this lame idea. i refuse. i refuse. to fit into this lame idea you've always had for me. i'm not gonna be what you want me to be." sense field